[CWG-DT-Stewardship] Latest Redline - Edits due at 23:59

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Mon Aug 11 14:32:31 UTC 2014

Thanks for the quick turn-around on this Grace.

All:  We spent quite a bit of time talking about action item 2 for the work plan in Section III:

"2. Procedures and processes for involving to the maximum extent possible participation of stakeholders who are not yet involved in ICANN groups involved in the CWG. These could include, for example:
a) Sending a request to the chartering organization stakeholder groups, constituencies and other participants requesting that they develop and implement a plan to open their processes to stakeholders who are not yet a part of ICANN processes as applicable and to provide their plan to their respective chartering organization;
b) Reaching out to organizations that are not directly a part of the ICANN structure such as ISOC, 1Net and any others that may be able to reach stakeholders that may not be a part of ICANN processes that they consider serving as a channel for such stakeholders to provide input to the CWG and to define their procedures for doing that and communicate those to the co-chairs of the DT;"

Julie and Avri stated in the chat that some of this didn't need to be in the charter.  I suggest that we delete everything except the first sentence. So that action item 2 simply says: "2. Procedures and processes for involving to the maximum extent possible participation of stakeholders who are not yet involved in ICANN groups involved in the CWG."  I also suggest that we add a comment that notes the action items taken on by Byron and Jonathan in this regard.

Julie/Avri -  Does the above work for you?

Chuck