[CWG-DT-Stewardship] FW: IANA Stwardship Transition - CCWG & the Coordination Group

Jonathan Robinson jonathan.robinson at ipracon.com
Thu Jul 17 14:26:05 UTC 2014

All.

FYI.

Jonathan

From: Jonathan Robinson [mailto:jonathan.robinson at ipracon.com]
Sent: 17 July 2014 10:22
To: Martin Boyle (martin.boyle at nominet.org.uk); 'Drazek, Keith';
jon at donuts.co; jbladel at godaddy.com; 'mueller at syr.edu'; 'Wolf-Ulrich. Knoben
(alternate)'; Patrik Faltstrom (paf at netnod.se)
Cc: 'Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond'; Byron Holland (byron.holland at cira.ca)
Subject: IANA Stwardship Transition - CCWG & the Coordination Group

Dear Coordination Group Colleagues,

As a co-chair of the cross community working group drafting team (Byron
Holland, CCNSO Chair is the other co-chair) working on the IANA stewardship
transition (Cross Community Working Group to Develop an IANA Stewardship
Transfer Proposal), I felt it was appropriate to reach out to you around
your first meeting as a co-ordination group. The CCWG was initiated by the
GNSO and the CCNSO and to date has received support (and participation) from
ALAC and SSAC, hence my writing to you.

The CCWG DT has held its first formal meeting and clearly recognises the
urgency of producing a charter in short order which will then form the
foundation for the work of the CCWG on the IANA stewardship transition. At
the first meeting of the drafting team we agreed to not use a preliminary
draft of a charter which had been previously circulated but rather start a
clean version. A very early version of this charter is now in circulation
within the DT and is work in progress with an objective to have a
substantial (if not complete) draft available within 30 days.

I am not sure how best we should ensure that there is effective
communication between these two parallel and complementary efforts focused
on the transition, but the starting point should surely be a good awareness
of each other’s work. I am happy to commit to ensuring you are periodically
updated on the work of the CCWG DT / CCWG but there may be other
suggestions?

A wiki space has been set up for the CCWG and it can be found here:

https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/CWG+Drafting+Team+on+S
tewardship+Transition+Home

Please do follow the work as best as you are able and feel free to ask
questions, seek clarification and provide input.

Many thanks for your attention to this.

Jonathan Robinson

N.B. Please assist with distribution

I have listed the intended distribution list for this below but do not have
all of your email addresses to hand.

If colleagues in your group have not been sent this mail, please do assist
by including them in a reply-all.

----

CCNSO

Xiaodong Lee