[CWG-DT-Stewardship] For your review - Charter Template

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Mon Jul 21 12:29:34 UTC 2014

Hi Julie,

In relation to point 1, I believe we have settled for other cross-community
working groups on 'CWG' as 'ccWG' is deemed too confusingly similar to cc
(country code) as used in ccNSO.

Best regards,

Marika

From:  Julie Hammer <julie.hammer at bigpond.com>
Date:  Sunday 20 July 2014 03:01
To:  "CWG-DT-Stewardship at icann.org" <CWG-DT-Stewardship at icann.org>
Cc:  Allan MacGillivray <allan.macgillivray at cira.ca>, "Duchesneau,
Stephanie" <Stephanie.Duchesneau at neustar.us>, Chuck Gomes
<cgomes at verisign.com>, Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>, "Reed,
Daniel A" <dan-reed at uiowa.edu>
Subject:  Re: [CWG-DT-Stewardship] For your review - Charter Template

Apologies to those who receive this email twice.  I assume all names are on
the group list but not 100% sure.

Apologies too for not being able to spend time on this sooner.

A couple of additional points from me.

1. I note that the Charter Template abbreviates the term "Cross Community
Working Group" to "CWG", but in our text, we are calling it "ccWG".   I
suggest that we standardise on one or the other, not sure which.  In my
amendments, I have continued using "ccWG"  in the text.
2. I have done a few suggested formatting changes aiming to improve the flow
and readability of the document.
3. I have added words to try to pick up on Avri's point about the Charter
not precluding comment on IANA Functions 1 and 10 should the ccWG deem that
appropriate.
4. In the section titled 'Deliverables', I have tentatively added another
step at No3:
"Development of a clear process and timeline for communicating the Community
proposal to participating chartering organizations and obtaining their
endorsement"
However, I say tentatively because I'm not sure whether this is the
appropriate.

Updated document attached.

Cheers,  Julie