[CWG-DT-Stewardship] Update from the GNSO and draft call for observers for your review

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Sep 10 14:56:32 UTC 2014

On 09-Sep-14 18:48, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
> I think unaligned observers could be handled in different ways.  One
> way is certainly to allow them to directly participate in the CWG.
> Another way would be to have them participate via existing
> organizations.  A third way would be some combination of the first
> two.

I am comfortable with a hybrid approach.

In many ways it is best if these 'outsiders' can be brought into being
'insiders'.  And all sorts of outreach and co-option as you suggest
should be done.

But there are also those who are non-joiners or are displeased with the
way our insides are structured, who would prefer to remain outsiders
participating as outsiders.  We need to be sure to be open to them as well.

avri