[DT-F] REVISED: Design Team F kickoff

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Apr 7 08:15:00 UTC 2015

 Alan Greenberg writes:

 > The draft template is attached.

Again, I don't see that template.

 > As I see it, we have two parts to our task. The first is to identify
 > the salient issues in a post transition IANA with relation to the
 > Root Zone Maintainer (RZM), and then to propose an architecture for
 > publication of the Root Zone.

This seems to me quite wide interpretation. From the DT-F write up[1]:

	"The IANA functions contract describes and uses the current
	tri-party arrangement to get changes to the root zone and its
	WHOIS database implemented. A revised mechanism for getting
	these changes implemented post transition will have to be
	developed assuming that the NTIA is no longer part of the
	process and that the Root Zone Maintainer, currently Verisign,
	continues to perform that function."

Given that Design Team D proposes to do away with the NTIA
authrization step[2] and that the CWG takes accept it seems to me that
the task is merely describing the changes needed in the current
procedure.

	jaap

[1] <https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/Design+Teams+List#F>

[2] <https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/52892887/Design%20Team%20D%20report%20v1.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1427165157000&api=v2>