[Cwg-framework-principles] Published for public comment: Draft Framework of Principles for Cross Community Working Groups

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Feb 23 18:39:25 UTC 2016

Dear CWG members,

This note is to let you know that our group’s draft document, the proposed Framework of Principles for Cross Community Working Groups, was published for public comment on Monday 22 February. Please see the announcement below for further details.

The public comment period will close on Saturday 2 April, following which staff will collate the comments received for your review. As agreed previously, our group will then review and discuss any comments received and take them into account in preparing a Final Proposed Framework. This final document will be submitted to our Chartering Organizations (the ccNSO and GNSO Councils) for their consideration and, hopefully, approval.

Please encourage your respective communities to review our draft document and send in any comments. In addition, please note that an open community session has been scheduled for ICANN55 in Marrakech, at which our group can present our recommendations for community discussion and feedback. This session is currently scheduled for Wednesday 9 March, from 1045 a.m. to 12 noon local time, in the Coupole Room, and remote participation facilities will be made available: https://meetings.icann.org/en/marrakech55/schedule/wed-ccwg-principles. Do encourage those who you believe are interested in helping to shape the outcome of our effort to attend this session if possible.

Staff will work with our co-chairs, Becky and John, to reach out to all ICANN SO/Acs, to seek and facilitate their feedback on our work so far.

Thanks and cheers
Mary
Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director
Email: mary.wong at icann.org
Telephone: +1-603-5744889

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
News Alert

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2016-02-22-en

Draft Framework of Principles for Cross Community Working Groups

Forum Announcement:     Comment Period Opens on Date:   22 February 2016
Categories/Tags:
Purpose (Brief):

This public comment proceeding seeks to obtain community feedback on a proposed draft framework of uniform principles to guide the initiation and operations of future cross community working groups.

Public Comment Box Link:        https://www.icann.org/public-comments/ccwg-framework-principles-draft-2016-02-22-en