[Cwg-framework-principles] Proposed timeline and updated draft Framework of Principles document

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Feb 10 18:17:58 UTC 2016

Hello Jim and everyone,

Thanks so much for the comments and support - we’ll be sure to incorporate your suggestion about a periodic review into the draft Framework. As you’ll all have seen, the co-chairs have decided that the CWG call originally scheduled for tomorrow should be canceled, seeing as no other comments that might require further deliberations have been received.

As such, staff will proceed to update the draft Framework document and publish it for public comment according to the timetable we have noted previously. Concurrently we will circulate the draft to all SO/AC chairs to invite them and their communities to comment. The timing will also allow us to conduct a community session at ICANN55 to gather feedback and share our preliminary recommendations, following which we can reconvene as a group to discuss community input provided in Marrakech and through the public comment forum.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director