[Cwg-framework-principles] Follow up to the Working Group call on 24 May

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Jun 1 18:10:57 UTC 2016

Dear all,

As a follow up to the discussion at the last Working Group meeting on 24 May, we would like to ask that you send in via email any additional comments you may have on the public comments received to our Draft Framework that have not yet been raised within our Working Group. If possible, please provide these additional comments (if any) by close of business in your respective time zones on Friday 3 June or, if that is not possible, by Monday 6 June.

Also as discussed, the next step will be for staff to update the Draft Framework based on the public comments received and the Working Group’s recent discussions. We hope to send this updated proposed Final Framework to everyone for your review by the end of next week, so that the group can discuss the changes and updates made at the next Working Group meeting (currently scheduled for Thursday 16 June).

Please note also that a session has been allocated during ICANN 56 for an open community discussion of our work – these open community dialogues are new and are being tried out for the first time at ICANN56 as part of the new Policy Forum format for one of the three ICANN Public Meetings. The co-chairs and staff have been discussing the format and content for our session, to focus the community discussion on the main themes that the group has been discussing as emerging from the public comments – viz., budget/resources for atypical CCWGs; ensuring diversity in membership and representation; achieving consensus; and the role of a CCWG in implementation. The idea is to base the discussion on the proposed Final Framework document, with a view toward gathering feedback that will allow us to finalize the document shortly after ICANN56 and prior to the formation of the next-anticipated CCWG (on New gTLD Auction Proceeds).

This open community session is currently slated to take place on Wednesday 29 June, from 1700-1830 Helsinki time, and remote participation details will be sent closer to the meeting.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director