[Cwg-framework-principles] MP3 and Attendance - CWG Framework of Operating Principles - 10 May 2016

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue May 10 19:53:50 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the CWG Framework of Operating Principles
call held on Tuesday, 10 May 2016 at 18:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-cwg-principles-10may16-en.mp3

On page:  http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may

Calendar page:  <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/>
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr

John Berard - (Co-Chair)

Becky Burr - (Co-Chair)

Avri Doria

Jim Galvin

Alan Greenberg

Apologies:
Annebeth Lange

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Steve Chan

David Tait

Bart Boswinkel

Terri Agnew

 Web page :  <http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/ccwg-framework.htm>
http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/ccwg-framework.htm

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Tuesday, 10 May 2016

  Terri Agnew:Dear all, welcome to the  Framework of Operating Principles
Cross Community Working Group meeting on the 10th May 2016

  john:sorry, hit enter too soon, Berard

  john:say something so I can confirm i am connected

  Terri Agnew:Hi John thank you for this, I will update the line name

  Jim Galvin:Somebody is not on mute and is typing.

  Mary Wong:Avri sent me an email saying she would be late due to another
call.

  Mary Wong:@Cheryl, sorry about the time - if it helps, it's 2 a.m. here in
Singapore!

  Mary Wong:CONGRATS BECKY!!!

  Becky Burr:apologies, need to figure out how to turn the mic on.  thanks
everyone.

  Terri Agnew:Becky, private AC chat you with directions how to activate

  Steve Chan:I can see it as well

  Jim Galvin:I do not see in the AdobeConnect but I do have a separate copy
open locally.

  Alan Greenberg:Not here!

  Becky Burr:likewise, I don't see it in Adobe

  Terri Agnew:you may need to update your Adobe connect plug in's with this
link: http://tinyurl.com/icannactest Ensure all 3 steps pass.  On the fourth
step, install the add-on.  This will run adobe connect outside of the web
browser. Adobe connect prefers Firefox browser.

  Jim Galvin:I now see it in Adobe.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Happy to reinforce the language....  I think it
is a poivotsl point

  Bart Boswinkel:This could also be re-inforced by combining this notion
with stonger langauge around need for internal rules for a group to be
agreed up before the actual work starts

  Mary Wong:@Bart, yes, absolutely.

  Mary Wong:In that regard, this group will also need to consider the
feedback that seems to indicate little support for more formal operational
rules n the Framework, but to include any such that are necessary in the
Charter for the CCWG in question.

  Bart Boswinkel:Yes, and their is a difernce between the CCWG and CWG

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Avri

  Avri Doria:thanks Terri, sorry i am late.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Perfect Mary  Some  can be To be used unless
otherwise ... ... ...   in the Charter  etc.,

  Becky Burr:I agree John - I don't feel the need to do that

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Agree Alan

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):YES Jim  thus our use of Principles nd
Guidelines...

  Bart Boswinkel:ORiginally when this group started there were two
outstanding core principles for a CCWG: one charter explicitly adopted by
two or more SO/AC

  Bart Boswinkel: and the fumnal product wouldbe approved by the chartering
organisations.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Future MAY bring new Interpretations of such
Frameworks

  Mary Wong:Some of the comments on implementatin are reflected starting at
the bottom of Page 10 of he Tabular Summary.

  Bart Boswinkel:It could be if charterd by the chartering organisations to
do so

  Bart Boswinkel:at the time of adoption of the recomendation

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):I AGree with you Avri  this  is essential

  Bart Boswinkel:AS AVRi says it couldbe part of the recommendations to the
chartering organisations

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):The work from te Implementation WG  was pretty
clear on this John

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): AAnd in the current CWG/CCWG  we have activly
ensured  tht we have close input from ley people  from the WG's  to work
with Implementation

  Mary Wong:An IRT can (should?) be separate from the CCWG; it's just
composed partly of intersted CCWG memebrs. So a CCWG can (should?) be closed
once its recommendations are completed/adopted.

  Mary Wong:Note also the RySG comments that (per Cheryl) the
recommendations on implementation from the Policy & Implementation WG may be
worth considering.

  John Berard:is there a term of art for a WG going into suspended
animation?

  Mary Wong:AFAIK, no

  Alan Greenberg:It may choose to remain in place pending adoption by the
Board and implementation.

  Mary Wong:Not policy, at least, not policy that is within the remit of a
SO :)

  Bart Boswinkel:That assumes the chair and co-chair remain active

  Bart Boswinkel:as soon as a wg clsoes they are in-active

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Fair point Bart... but then we ned to replace
them with competant alterntes

  Alan Greenberg:I have to drop off now. Good meeting.

  Bart Boswinkel:Going back to Jim's point and the drift of John's argument

  Mary Wong:Thanks Alan

  Mary Wong:Sevearl commenters seemed to think we need more clarity..

  Mary Wong:It looks like there will be a Helsinki session.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Thanks everyone great progress ... good call
... Talk soon, catch up soon to plan for Helsinki. docs soon aafter some of
you gather in Amsterdam please...

  Jim Galvin:WHen will we meet again?

  Jim Galvin:@mary thanks!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):YES   do meeting in 14 days

  Bart Boswinkel:9 pm

  Mary Wong:It's 2 a.m. in Singapore an 4 a.m. in Sydney

  Bart Boswinkel:that is fine

  Mary Wong:For 1800 UTC

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):0400 is fine for me

  Bart Boswinkel:21.UTC

  Mary Wong:OK

  Bart Boswinkel: is fine as well

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):HAPPY  with 0400

  Jim Galvin:I'm in no position to complain.  Take it to the mailing list.
:-)

  Bart Boswinkel:Bye all

  David Tait:Thanks all

  Steve Chan:thanks all

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):bye for now then  Thanks John Becky et.al.