[CWG-RFP3] Is there is a more suitable legal jurisdiction for an IANA subsidiary?

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 21:01:04 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> [...]

Isn't it possible to keep it within ICANN and still be able to move it when
the need arises? I would assume that was what

> On the jurisdiction issue, I am flexible, but let's make it clear: when
> you say you don't want a separable IANA, you are saying yo don't want real
> accountability. If IANA is locked into ICANN's structure and there is no
> NTIA, we are moving backwards.

It really depends and i will suggest that we look at the merits of all
these options in totality. We shouldn't just get locked in on just one
route. I for one thinks ICANN as IANA operator can be accountable without
necessarily taking IANA completely out of ICANN. Nevertheless, irrespective
of what i think, we should look at all the options in an holistic manner.
A document has been shared on the summary of discussions so far and i think
its a good starting point for this group.

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*