[CWG-RFP3] Coordination of Subgroup 3

Kieren McCarthy kieren at kierenmccarthy.com
Wed Nov 5 20:30:19 UTC 2014

I'd forgotten how tiresome it is interacting with you, Milton.

There are three main roles in making changes to the root zone file:
Operator, Administrator, Maintainer. Requests go through each one in turn.
In the middle is the Administrator.

In two months, this group will propose what to do with that Administrator
role. Some are suggesting getting rid of it altogether.

We are talking with the Operator (in fact, we have an ex-Operator posting
to the list). We are talking with the Maintainer (in fact, we have several
representatives from the Maintainer posting to this list).

I am suggesting that we also talk to the Administrator.

How this is a controversial viewpoint is quite beyond me.

Kieren