[CWG-RFP3] Can a stepped evolution of the IANA role be envisioned?

Paul M Kane Paul.Kane at icb.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 08:28:28 UTC 2014

 From a ccTLD Manager perspective - I don't think an evolutionary
process of centralising authority at ICANN is desirable.

Currently ccTLD Registries are decentralised, empowering diversity to
best serve their customer's needs.  ccTLD Registries are accountable to
their local community, (have Policy development process that accommodate
local culture, legal systems and operating environments) and are
responsible for their entries in the IANA and Root Servers - and long
may that continue.

For gTLDs - I agree this may be the first step.....

Best

Paul