[CWG-RFP3] Option 5 - New IANA Entity

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 20:14:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 9:02 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

>  Kurt
>
> I see where you’re coming from now. .......
>
>  The contract NTIA awarded _*requires*_ ICANN to maintain the separation.
> The contract is _*going away*_. Without some kind of new oversight
> authority or contracting authority, there is nothing to maintain this
> separation.

A good summary of the task at hand which also implies the following:

- That there is a form of separation currently existing
- This form of separation is made possible by the contract
- A process/mechanism that ensure current separation is maintained is the
required task.

Hopefully we can always come back to Milton's statement above to remind
ourselves about the task at hand.

Thanks

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng