[CWG-RFP3] Proposed Agenda for Wednesday 12 November Meeting

Guru Acharya gurcharya at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 04:46:40 UTC 2014

Hi Greg,

This is excellent work.

The three straw-mans are a good starting point for discussion.

Proposal 1 and 2 look well structured for discussion, and capture much of
the discussion on this list till date.

In contrast, I think Proposal 3 appears to be an outlier. In Proposal 3, I
do not understand the need to create a new legal entity for the oversight
body (PROSI). Since Proposal 3 suggests the creation of a new IANA entity,
the SLA could simply be between ICANN and the new IANA entity. There is no
need for creation of a new legal entity for the oversight body. The current
bulkiness of Proposal 3 makes it the first candidate for rejection.

Regards,
Guru