[CWG-RFP3] Seperabilty

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Tue Nov 25 15:58:24 UTC 2014

See below in blue

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich

From: Avri Doria
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:04 PM
To: cwg-rfp3 at icann.org
Subject: Re: [CWG-RFP3] Seperabilty

On 25-Nov-14 14:42, Guru Acharya wrote:

1) That there is no need for an RFP in September 2015 when the current
contract term ends.
Note, I also do not think that there is the need for an RFP in 2015.
I do not think that would contribute to stability or quality of performance.

2) That there is no need for an RFP that is periodic.

While I do believe there is a need to a periodic one.
I think the first can be 3-9 years hence.
9 seems long, 3 might be short.
6 might be in  compromise range.

and 7 is the max duration of the NTIA contract, including extensions. It could be shorter if an extension is not granted.

avri