[CWG-Stewardship] The PTI board

Martin Boyle Martin.Boyle at nominet.org.uk
Tue Apr 21 15:47:11 UTC 2015

I generally agree with Milton's points here except for, "The PTI board is responsible ... for oversight...  The PRF escalation path should go through the PTI board, for example."

I feel uncomfortable about the PTI Board providing oversight of the role it is performing (except in a management oversight role):  I believe that that is the ICANN role.  And I think that I agree with the Sidley model (which I thought we agreed when we discussed the PRF) where the review is written in the ICANN bylaws and the PRF is to the ICANN Board (which would then be responsible for ensuring that any concerns were put to right).

Have I misunderstood Milton's point?

Martin