[CWG-Stewardship] Further update on the IANA IPR

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Aug 19 16:24:39 UTC 2015

Thanks Jonathan,

I have stated my position in a number of forums, but not sure if on this list.

My preference was that ICANN keep the TM and domain registrations,
but that ship has apparently sailed.

Given that, and in recognition of the CRISP proposal being the only
one that was specific, I can readily live with the assets being taken
over by either the IETF Trust, or if that proves impractical, by a
specially designed trust in support of all three communities.

 From a names perspective, if ICANN and its representatives
(including the Board as implied by Steve's messages) are satisfied
that the Names community functional use of them is protected, I am
happy. It might be emotionally difficult to give up control, but I
think that we need to get beyond that.

I believe that should it come to a vote, this position would also be
accepted by the ALAC.

Alan