[CWG-Stewardship] [CWG-RFP3] CCWG California Law Response

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Feb 10 02:13:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

I think the lack of collegiality and wicked finger pointing isn't going
to help us find the accountability solution we need to find.  In fact I
think it leads us in the other direction.

This is a multistakeholder group and the rule is that we all have
different perspective.  Perhaps I have a Pollyanna view on all of this,
but to distrust others because they have perspectives, often multiple
perspectives, that are different that my own just seems like such a
waste of effort, both personal and collective.

Just a personal opinion mind you.

As for lawyers, i see them like doctors. My general rule is never act on
a single opinion alone as they come from various perspectives just like
the rest of us.   I am as concerend when the lawyer tells me exactly
what I want to hear as when she tells me what I don't want to hear.
They are fallible, opinionated and constrained by their interests, just
like every other one of us.