[CWG-Stewardship] Client Committee Update

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Feb 25 00:28:32 UTC 2015

Dear Kieren,

On 25/02/2015 00:56, Kieren McCarthy wrote:
> > How do we balance functionality and timely efficiency with allowing
> full openness to all?
>

> I don't see many others asking to join this committee so I'm not sure
> this question is valid.

The ALAC asked to have at least one of its representatives on the
Committee and this was refused.
We abided by this decision from the Chairs because ultimately:
1. we did not want to be a factor that was going to slow down the
process. The Client Committee needs to act swiftly & professionally with
the Legal Advice
2. we wish to show trust in the current Client Committee of 4 people.

I emphasize point 2 in particular. Whilst transparency is very
important, "trust" is important too.

Kind regards,

Olivier