[CWG-Stewardship] Client Committee Update

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Feb 25 04:29:59 UTC 2015

The ALAC asked to have at least one of its representatives on the Committee and this was refused.

MM: Did you ask openly? I don't recall seeing it, but I could easily have missed it. I would support adding Kieren and someone from ALAC, if only as observers.

We abided by this decision from the Chairs because ultimately:
1. we did not want to be a factor that was going to slow down the process. The Client Committee needs to act swiftly & professionally with the Legal Advice
2. we wish to show trust in the current Client Committee of 4 people.

I emphasize point 2 in particular. Whilst transparency is very important, "trust" is important too.

MM: I have great trust in Jonathan, Greg, Lise and Chuck. I also belive in transparency and procedural safeguards. I know that all of them, especially the CWG co-chairs, have about a hundred others things to attend to and may need some help. I don't think it slows things down if we add a couple of people.