[CWG-Stewardship] ICANN Board as "regulator" (was: A liaison from the Board to CWG)

Lindeberg, Elise elise.lindeberg at Nkom.no
Thu Feb 26 11:13:09 UTC 2015

As I mentioned on the last conference call - The CWG must come up with a solution to the .int operations. So I suggest this as an issue for a design team now or in the near future.

Topic and scope:

Registry operations for .int  - Under the ICANN bylaws Article II, section 2 - ICANN should not be allowed to be a registry or registrar. That is in conflict with the current practice for.int

Policy development - To register under the .int domain today , the applicant must be an intergovernmental organization that meets the requirements found in the RFC 1591. There should be some base document on the policy (not at ICANN) that state the current policy for registration, and sort out procedures for policy changes in the future. that policy

Elise

Best regards

Elise Knutssøn Lindeberg
Senior Legal Adviser, GAC representative
Networks Department
Norwegian Communications Authority
e-mail: ekl at nkom.no
Mobile: +47 90190947

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org [mailto:cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org] På vegne av Marika Konings
Sendt: 25. februar 2015 09:42
Til: Milton L Mueller; David Conrad
Kopi: cwg-stewardship at icann.org
Emne: Re: [CWG-Stewardship] ICANN Board as "regulator" (was: A liaison from the Board to CWG)

As a reminder, if you have any issues that you think are relevant for a design team please provide the group with a submission of name, a brief description of topic and scope and finally an indication of who should to be lead of the team.

Included are an example of relevant design teams, the ³Draft Working methods² and ³Draft Design team Guidelines². These have also been posted on the wiki (see https://community.icann.org/x/pAknAw).

Best regards,

Marika