[CWG-Stewardship] Draft Scope Document for Legal Counsel

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 15 04:37:28 UTC 2015

Greg, this document does not include a question about the
MRT-Contract Co. relationship that I have raised numerous times. We
have repeatedly said that the MRT is an incorporated entity but
simply a "committee" (or something similar) with no specific parent.
Contract Co is bound to take its orders from the MRT, and the MRT is
bound to maintain its MS character as specified by Contract Co.

How are these two bound together to ensure that the bilateral
commitments are ensured?

As mentioned in the questionnaire, the MRT could be a part of
Contract Co, or even its Board, but they we have created a new
ICANN-like body that we explicitly said we would not do. So that
cannot be a solution.

Also, there needs to be reference to the concept that Contract Co is
bare bones, little or no staff, and a Board that has no mandate to do
anything but follow orders from the MRT.

Alan