[CWG-Stewardship] NTIA's Role in Root Zone Management

Christopher Wilkinson lists at christopherwilkinson.eu
Mon Jan 19 17:45:11 UTC 2015

Dear Milton:

I do not experience any FUD ('fear, uncertainty and doubt') in this context. It has become quite clear is that the current 'separability' lobby in CWG is a mirror image of the NSI lobby that we had to endure in the IFWP context in the 1990's.

Today, the issue is not whether ICANN might become commercial. The issue is that after separation, how would the community prevent IANA from becoming commercial.

Regards

Christopher

PS:	 Since 'separability' is à la mode in this corner of Internet governance, perhaps we could have a CWG proposal for separability of Registry and RZM functions.