[CWG-Stewardship] NTIA's Role in Root Zone Management

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Jan 20 16:01:31 UTC 2015

This is teetering on the brink of being a stupid conversation. But let me point out that all of the companies you mention have either been prosecuted, gone out of business or their CEOs are in jail. So, yeah, I think there is some accountability there.

My point was not that "private, for-profit" is "better" than "nonprofit." My point was that we do not have the foggiest idea who ICANN's board is accountable to other than NTIA. It has not members. It has no shareholders. It has no competition.