[CWG-Stewardship] drift in v5

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 18:47:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

Why would it be any more advantageous to move to PTI than leaving it where
it is currently is? As already mentioned on other list, I don't see any
sensible reason for doing that, hence I disagree; PTI is not independent of
ICANN neither is it a known and tested entity as at today. As far as our
proposal is concerned PTI is a glorified ICANN department and I don't think
dealing with the child would be more assuring than dealing directly with
the parent.

However there has been indication that there may be a future with divided
IFO by communities, and continued access to the trademarks/domain as
present would need to be ensured. This is the only reason I would support
moving it to IETF trust especially if we don't think those requirement can
be legally ensured with the current owner.

Cheers!

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.