[CWG-Stewardship] Fwd: Re: [DTA - SLE] SLE Document with clarifying background info.

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun May 10 02:36:06 UTC 2015

Chuck (and all),

As you know, I do not work for a registry and have no financial
interest in any of this. But I *DO* have a very strong interest in
having IANA do a superlative job.

As long as the SLEs we are asking for are reasonable, and by that I
mean are in line with what they are actually doing over the last
several years, with a reasonable cushion to address future unexpected
situations), and with the provision of some requests being on the
longer tail of the timing curve (since there will always be a variety
of special circumstances), then I think you can expect widespread
support from the community.

Lesser commitments significantly below this without a rationale that
is acceptable (and better than we simply want to cover our rears) are
going to be a hard sell!

Alan