[CWG-Stewardship] For your review - draft responses to ICG Questions

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Sep 29 15:25:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

re:

*PTI*

7) Please could you clarify whether or not compliance by ICANN and/or
PTI is mandatory when decisions or recommendations are made by an IFR or
Special IFR process.

 The CWG-Stewardship would like to confirm that compliance by ICANN
and/or PTI is [mandatory / not mandatory] when decisions or
recommendations are made by an IFR or Special IFR process.

Former DT-N/X members are in particular requested to provided input to
develop a draft response to this question. Consider whether legal
guidance is needed.

As one member of DT N/X I believe it should be mandatory.  But currently
we seem to only require that jointly the Board and the Community
mechanism come to an agreed upon resolution to the recommendations.

My comment to the CCWG review stated a personal belief that the ability
to separate the Names portion* of IANA should be a community power.
This comment has not yet been acted upon.  In our document we were much
more wishy-washy about it.

avri

* i find the siloization of this proposal a complication and the source
of much of the confusion.  While I said I think it can work in my
comment to the ICG, the more I see the comments of the other OCs, the
more I begin to doubt the coherence and sanity of the ICG aggregated
proposal.

avri