[CWG-Stewardship] CCWG Update

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 20:55:13 UTC 2016

The carve-out language is limited to discussion of PDPs.  Not every WG is a
PDP WG.  Unless we want to expand this limitation, any revision needs to
carry on this limitation.  The reference to a "joint PDP" is specifically
in the context of the results of a policy development process developed by
two or more supporting organizations.  Here's the paragraph under
discussion:

*Notwithstanding the foregoing and notwithstanding any required threshold
for launching a community IRP, no community IRP that challenges the
result(s) of a supporting organization’s policy development process (PDP)
may be launched  without the support of the supporting organization that
developed such PDP or, in the case of joint PDPs, without the support of
the supporting organizations that developed such PDP.*

The language in the latter part is kind of  clumsy.  "Joint PDP" is an
awkward shorthand for a PDP WG chartered by more than one SO -- not one
where there underlying policy development process was jointly developed by
multiple SOs (which doesn't exist). In turn, it refers to a challenge to
the "results" of the PDP, not really to the PDP itself.  For clarity, I
would suggest the following:

*Notwithstanding the foregoing and notwithstanding any required threshold
for launching a community IRP, no community IRP that challenges the
result(s) of a supporting organization’s policy development process (PDP)
may be launched without the support of the supporting organization that
developed such PDP or, in the case of the result(s) of a PDP working group
chartered by more than one supporting organization, without the support of
such supporting organizations.*

In any event, this discussion of the "joint PDP" language may be out of
scope for CWG-Stewardship.  As such, this comment should be referred back
to CCWG-Accountability for its review and consideration.

Greg