[CWG-Stewardship] CSC Materials

Austin, Donna Donna.Austin at neustar.biz
Thu May 26 17:09:38 UTC 2016

Hi Seun

The Membership Selection Process of the CSC Charter calls for due consideration to be given, to the extent possible, to form a CSC that has diversity in terms of geography and skill set. To that end the composition of the slate will be reviewed during two points in the selection process: firstly by the RySG and ccNSO and secondly by the ccNSO and GNSO.

To your point about candidates being rejected: this is not the intention. However, given that each SO/AC will be nominating candidates individually there is a possibility that the full slate could be without diversity in terms of skill set and geography, so a step has been built into the process to address this situation should it eventuate. It is also recommended that each SO/AC provide a preferred and secondary candidate for consideration.

I hope this response addresses your concerns.

Thanks

Donna