[Dt-cwg-auctionproceeds] Proposed agenda - new gTLD Auction Proceeds DT

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed May 4 19:36:04 UTC 2016

Thanks Sam, that helps.

Two questions:

1. The wording in the AG included: "Funds must be
used in a manner that supports directly ICANN’s
Mission and Core Values ..... to allocate funds
to projects that are of interest to the greater Internet community...."

These two phrases strike me as being potentially
contradictory in that there are many projects of
interest to the greater Internet community (and
ones of great merit!) which do not diretly map onto ICANN's mission.

2. Much of your document talks about ICANN's
responsibility with respect to the decisions
made. To what extent, if any, does that change if
ICANN does not disburse the funds but instead
creates a foundation and endows that foundation with the funds?

Alan