[Dt-cwg-auctionproceeds] mp3 and attendance new gTLD Auction Proceeds Drafting Team 09 September 2016

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Fri Sep 9 16:18:47 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the new gTLD Auction Proceeds Drafting Team held on 09 September 2016 at 14:00 UTC: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-auction-proceeds-09sep16-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpsuDGgbutH3nVNCyFQnIoBtiHFTcaeu4QmqxpOexJvnwAjOvKAAwzAho1fR6nkeAxPI-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmqjS2qQYfoGLEN1wkZaSn6LDKKT7RK-2B0uCjaGiTnag-2Bpu2hO1mil14I98-2F4sZ4slWcEpnprO7fGWLisMzaKvH3VJ7tBBdKYlcdtAzdw2LvdZT3RNeql7OmK3YlvJ8zuRBKNOMD4BN8HyssUdJorjsrCbT5x6uw1PIVP6-2BbdObKTRdhjrrYcEIEoHnPqCkqV-2BLSfsHlEqkypLQTSxBi1n1TkNh9xtC-2FnUTBPOZwOjIj5ImaY9U8-2BZgMDUXBM2yenHwh-2FlY-2BSZxXA7onVQaaWYKnjmBUXCgX1s8vF13lh5o8D0>

On page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar>
The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/px6AAw

Attendees:

ALAC
Alan Greenberg

ASO
Sylvia Cadena

ccNSO
Will not be participating in the drafting team

GAC
None

GNSO
Jonathan Robinson
Tony Harris

RSSAC
Kaveh Ranjbar

SSAC
Russ Mundy
Lyman Chapin

Board
Board Liaisons
Erika Mann
Asha Hemrajani

Board appointed staff advisors
Samantha Eisner

Apologies:
Olga Cavalli

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Julie Hedlund
Lauren Allison
David Tait
Terri Agnew

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Terri Agnew
-------------------------------
Adobe Connect chat transcript for 09 September 2016

    Terri Agnew:Welcome to the New gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG Charter Drafting Team held on Friday, 09 September 2016

  Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/oRusAw

  Alan Greenberg:waiting on bridge...

  Asha Hemrajani:Good evening all

  Alan Greenberg:on

  Marika Konings:FYI, Lauren pointed out that we didn't include links to the high interest session in BA as well as the cross-community session under 'important document links' so we will include these for the final version.

  Asha Hemrajani:yes indeed...good catch Lauren

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Kaveh Ranjbar

  Asha Hemrajani:Sounds good so far Jonathan

  Asha Hemrajani:Yes would like to take the time to review Sylvia's comments

  Samantha Eisner 2:I think that we can add a line to clarify

  Samantha Eisner 2:"These requirements will apply to activities across any location where applicants are located or intend to use the funds."

 Terri Agnew:Welcoe Erika Mann

  Terri Agnew:@Samantha, let me know if a dial out on telephone is needed

  Erika Mann:Thank you Terri

  Samantha Eisner 2:I think that's right, Alan

  Asha Hemrajani:That's true Alan

  Erika Mann:Can you write this down Alan?

  Samantha Eisner 2:These requirement will apply comparable activities . .  "

  Asha Hemrajani:I have no issue with adding Alan's added words

  Erika Mann:Good idea

  Asha Hemrajani:+1

  Samantha Eisner 2:sounds good

  Erika Mann:That's much better, agree Jonathan

  Asha Hemrajani:I agree with Alan's language - we have to ringfence this

  Marika Konings:the problem statement refers to the origina of auction proceeds and link with the new gTLD program

  Erika Mann:Let's look for a better wording and let's de-link these two points.

  Jonathan Robinson:@Erika. Old hand?

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Tony Harris

  Tony Harris:Hi, sorry I am late

  Asha Hemrajani:Marika, yes but I would like stronger clearer language in addition to what was proposed by Sylvia

  Samantha Eisner 2:Teh consdirations of overhead are one of the concerns in a longterm program.  I see Sylvia's words as allowing for those types of considerations

  Terri Agnew:Sylvia Cadena  is on audio only

  Samantha Eisner 2:I don't know that it means to limit the timeframe of the programs that are funded

  Tony Harris:Some sort of time limit is important

  Erika Mann 2:It is actually not muted. I had to redial. Wonder whethre the second connection is still open, though I can't see it. Terrry, can you check this please?

  Samantha Eisner 2:I think that it would be important to not have the CCWG consider opportunities such as additional fundraising to support an ongoing process; that opens up a whole different world of legal and compliance issues

  Asha Hemrajani:@Sam from my perspective, I am not keen on limiting the timeframe of the programmes that are funded...rather I think the disbursement organization should have a finite life.

  Asha Hemrajani:+1 Sam

  Tony Harris:Conditions can change and the original intent of the project to be funded can find itself in a different context

  Samantha Eisner 2:@Jonathan, no concern with Sylvia's language

  Erika Mann 2:I will write my points

  Terri Agnew:@Erika, it might help to turn down your speakers

  Terri Agnew:Please let me know if a dial out on the telephone is needed

  RussMundy-SSAC:I am satisfied with Sylvia's wording as it is WRT being able to have additional sources of funding being able to contribute

  Erika Mann 2:I think so, Terry can you shut down one mike?

  Jonathan Robinson:@Sam. Thank-you noted. Others please check Sylvia's proposed language and see if this works for you.

  Terri Agnew:will do

  Erika Mann 2:Thank you Terri

  Tony Harris:Where is Sylvia´s language in the doc?

  RussMundy-SSAC:I agree that fund raising is outside of the CCWG scope

  Marika Konings:Sylvia suggested alternative language: 1.            What aspects should be considered to define a timeframe for the funds allocation mechanism to operate? E.g. The timeframe for the operation of this new mechanism may provide the opportunity for long term support, or for funding to be released in tranches linked to milestone achievements, single or multiple disbursements.

  Tony Harris:I am OK with Sylvia's text

  Erika Mann 2:1) we should not overcomplicate the language. Sam is right, we should not talk at this stage about potential additional funding. 2) I think we should neither discuss a timeframe for the fund, agree with Sylvia and Alan.

  Terri Agnew:@Erika, I am unable to deactive one of the mics. Are both AC connections needed? I can remove one of them if not

  Erika Mann 2:I will shut down the system, Terri and will rejoin in a minute.

  Jonathan Robinson:@Sam. I recall that overhead limitation is still in the doc

  Marika Konings:See 8: What aspects should be considered to determine an appropriate level of overhead that supports the principles outlined in this charter

  RussMundy-SSAC:I agree that tasking the CCWG with defining a timeframe for the use of the available funds is very reasonable

  Asha Hemrajani:@russ do you mean defining the timeframe for use of funds or disbursement of funds?

  Erika Mann:Apologies, had to reboot everything

  Erika Mann:Where are we now?

  Samantha Eisner 2:@ Russ, the reporting is captured elsewhere, such as in item 9 below

  Asha Hemrajani:fair enough Russ, but then we as the DT could indicate in the charter that the CCWG should do this

  Jonathan Robinson:How about? What aspects should be considered to define a timeframe, if any, for the funds allocation mechanism to operate as well as the disbursements of funds?

  David Tait:Apologies all I have to drop off to staff another PDP call

  Asha Hemrajani:sorry old hand

  RussMundy-SSAC:My appologies but I do have a hard stop at the top of the hour so will be dropping off if we haven't finished

  RussMundy-SSAC:I agree with the process that Jonathan just described

  Marika Konings:Yes - I will add

  Marika Konings:I don't think line numbers work in a table, but I can try

  Asha Hemrajani:Thanks Jonathan

  Asha Hemrajani:Bye!