[DTC CSC] Outsourcing the task of IANA monitoring

Martin Boyle Martin.Boyle at nominet.org.uk
Thu Mar 19 13:29:26 UTC 2015

We probably need to think about exactly what we want the CSC to do, before deciding whether we need to outsource.  I am concerned that, if we think we need to subcontract the work done in a few hours a month by an NTIA person, we might be getting our scale wrong, but it would be good to hear from NTIA about what resources they need to commit.

I do have underlying concerns on the idea of outsourcing.  Contractors can always find more to do, so roles and demands grow.  Perhaps more importantly, there is a distinct risk that CSC members pay less attention to what they are doing.

Cheers

Martin