[Finance-sc] Fast track vs. normal track requests

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Mar 29 23:28:07 UTC 2013

Dear all,

since my last message, I have received feedback both on-list and
off-list about opening a second submission round for requests for
funding of activities that will take place after 1 November 2013.
Since there appears to be support in several regions due to them being
taken off-guard in the first round, I think it would make the regions
happy to re-open for a second round, solely for "normal track requests",
closing it in time for our next FBSC call.

At the moment, there is a little confusion re: the closing of the 2nd
round. ICANN CFO Xavier Calvez alluded to 19th March whilst earlier
documentation mentioned 29th March. I have sent an enquiry to the CFO.
If the deadline is 29th March we'll submit a few days earlier & discuss
all the requests during the call we'll have on the day determined by the
Doodle Gisella sent recently. If the deadline is 19th, then we'll need
to conduct an early appraisal -- perhaps just on-line or in a F2F +
remote participation session in Beijing.

On Monday, Staff will send out an announcement to the RALO lists etc.
about the opening of a normal track round. It is *really important* that
you, members of the FBSC, let your RALO know this is happening.

Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD