[Gac-gnso-cg] Agenda for Tues. May 27th cc ..

Manal Ismail manal at tra.gov.eg
Wed Jun 4 05:53:01 UTC 2014

Many thanks Marika .. Extremely useful !!

I may have missed part of the conversation though, so apologies for that
in advance .. As per the WG document and the briefing note, we have the
following 6 phases/steps:

1.       Issue Scoping

2.       Issue Report

3.       Working Group

4.       Council Deliberations

5.       Board Vote

6.       Implementation

So does the 'initiation' step on the diagram map to the 'Issue Report'
(2. above)?

Dear All ..

I think having reached that level of details of this phase of the
process we should be able to brainstorm on and answer questions such as:

-          Are we fine with the current notification mechanism?

(I'm sure the frequency of notifications is a problem for the GAC; but
is this the only problem? If not, then maybe we should start by
discussing a best case scenario of one PDP, then see how to handle the
frequency problem and discuss the maximum the GAC can cope with ..)

-          Does this notification mechanism need to change?

-          Should it be more formal?

-          Should it be more than a notification? Request for GAC input
for example, which implies pending the whole process till GAC input is
received ..

-          In this case, will the GAC be committed to respond to every
notification/request with its intention as to whether or not it will be
providing GAC input (not to hold the process indefinitely), along with
an expected timeframe?

I think as soon as we ensure that this GAC/GNSO link is established at
such an early stage, we can then start looking into how GAC input will
be handled by the GNSO? What if not in agreement with the GNSO views? In
such cases, should there be some sort of mandated GAC/GNSO consultation
on the issue before proceeding? How would this ultimately affect the
overall time frame? And how would this ultimately affect GAC advice to
the Board at a later stage?

I'm sorry to be repeating questions we already have in the WG document
but the intention is to trigger further discussion to be able to go
London with an agreed proposal ..

Kind Regards

--Manal