[Gnso-bylaws-dt] REMINDER - FOR DISCUSSION: Section 18.12 -- GNSO Input Process & ccNSO Consultation Process

Julie Hedlund julie.hedlund at icann.org
Thu Apr 4 15:56:46 UTC 2019

Dear all,

This is a reminder of the items for DT member consideration and discussion.  See details below and attached documents.

Kind regards,
Julie

From: Gnso-bylaws-dt <gnso-bylaws-dt-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund at icann.org>
Date: Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 6:13 PM
To: "gnso-bylaws-dt at icann.org" <gnso-bylaws-dt at icann.org>
Subject: [Gnso-bylaws-dt] FOR DISCUSSION: Section 18.12 -- GNSO Input Process & ccNSO Consultation Process

Dear all,

Per the action items below, DT members should note the following actions to prepare for the discussion of the draft guidelines for Section 18.12 at the next DT meeting on 10 April.  DT members are encouraged to submit comments, suggestions, thoughts to the DT email distribution list for consideration in advance of the meeting.

1. GNSO Input Process: DT members should review the GIP and in the context of the initiation of a Special IFR on the IANA function. See questions below.  The GIP is at: https://gnso.icann.org/en/council/annex-3-input-process-manual-18jun18-en.pdf [gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_council_annex-2D3-2Dinput-2Dprocess-2Dmanual-2D18jun18-2Den.pdf&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=adDIs0WEx_lLwFfrsdovxTYY8GkRHo5ibc8SR3Npdh8&m=VTAJdtLMkvUT9bfmr7KeEF99S4rkchPeXPMyJLuYuLY&s=VyZKr_fwCqgVrYp_SmkIy1OR9bF6i8s6NPV47i2xs7M&e=> and attached in Word and PDF.
-- Is it useful, is anything missing -- a gap analysis.  Should help to identify any GNSO-specific items.  If we do need something else suggest what that could be.
-- Can we focus on just how to coordinate on just the consultation process.  How formal do we need to be with that consultation process?  Could be informal during development, but more formal for approval which you can enter into via the respective chairs.

2. Coordination with the ccNSO Guidelines Review Committee: DT members should think about what needs to be documented such as timing, consultation, and how to make a final joint decision.

Thank you for your consideration.

With best regards,
Julie
Julie Hedlund, Policy Director