[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting - 18 December 2014

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Dec 18 16:45:07 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Working Group call held on Thursday 18 December  at 14:00 UTC at:
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20141218-en.mp3> http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20141218-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#dec> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#dec

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO

Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Chris Dillon – NCSG

Peter Green (Zhang Zuan)-NCUC

Jim Galvin - RySG

Amr Elsadr – NCUC

Wanawit Ahkuputra – GAC

Ubolthip Sethakaset – Individual

Apologies:

Justine Chew – Individual

Petter Rindforth – IPC

Wen Zhai- NTAG

Wolf-Ulrich Knoben – ISPCP

Peter Dernbach- IPC

Lindsay Hamilton Reid – RrSG

ICANN staff:

Julie Hedlund

Glen de Saint Gery

Lars Hoffmann

Terri Agnew

 Wiki page:  <http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx> http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 18 December 2014:

  Terri Agnew: Dear all, Welcome to the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG call on 18 December 2014

  Amr Elsadr:Hi all.

  Chris Dillon:Hello everyone

  Lars Hoffmann:hello all. here is a link to the public comment forum. if you care to share with your community (or retweet from @icann_gnso - https://www.icann.org/public-comments/transliteration-contact-initial-2014-12-16-en

  Amr Elsadr:Lars, are you admitting your association with @icann_gnso? ;-)

  Lars Hoffmann:definitely not. i just saw it on there :)

  Amr Elsadr::-D

  Lars Hoffmann:it was first announced in london apparently (to phase out the reply period)

  Lars Hoffmann:Thanks Amr - that is a great catch and must be something that web-admin overlooked. i will ask them to insert a hyperlink right away

  Chris Dillon:https://community.icann.org/display/tatcipdp/13+Community+Input

  Amr Elsadr:@Chris: I'm sorry. I don't think I understand this point. Is there text somewhere I can read this?

  Amr Elsadr:Is this the FICPI document?

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks.

  Amr Elsadr:I find FICPI's remark on the legal requirement to be vague and questionable.

  Amr Elsadr:Same here Chris, but I'm having a hard time making sense of some of these responses.

  Amr Elsadr:@Chris: True, as well as some letters in nordic alphabets that aren't strictly ASCII.

  Amr Elsadr:They are both contractually required by the RAA, if I'm not mistaken.

  Amr Elsadr:Just questioning how "necessary" validation is.

  Amr Elsadr:Assuming there is internationized registration data in 12 months!! :)

  Amr Elsadr:I apologize. I mixed up the two questions.

  Amr Elsadr:Registries and registrars don't benefit from the transformation, so I don't see why they should bear the costs.

  Amr Elsadr:Agree with Michele.

  Amr Elsadr:My overall impression of FICPI's response is that they are largely uninformed on the reasoning behind what they are advocating. Apologies if that sounds like I'm patronizing them.

  Chris Dillon:https://community.icann.org/display/tatcipdp/Webinar

  Amr Elsadr:Well..., to be fair the public comment period has only just started.

  Amr Elsadr:OK. I don't mind holding a webinar for those purposes.

  Amr Elsadr:I didn't mean that I was volunteering to be a speaker. :)

  Lars Hoffmann:too late

  Amr Elsadr:What the?! :)

  Glen de Saint Gery:yes it will be! IANA and Accountability will take up all the space. Yes a 'private meeting will be easier to schedule

  Amr Elsadr:OK. Thanks Glen.

  Amr Elsadr:@Lars: Thanks. Yes. I meant the weekend sessions, not the public council meeting.

  Glen de Saint Gery:Would you like to do this on Saturday? will you be there on Saturday?

  Amr Elsadr:We would need to contact Volker who is organizing the agenda.

  Glen de Saint Gery:we could schedule an update on saturday afternoon?

  Lars Hoffmann:let's do that glen so we get it onto the agenda. i can contact volker and coordinate with glen and the co-chairs if that is ok.

  Amr Elsadr:@Lars @Glen: Thank you both very much.

  Amr Elsadr::)

  Amr Elsadr:Merry Christman all. God jul.

  Amr Elsadr:Bye.

  Jim Galvin:thanks and bye

  Jim Galvin:happy holidays to all

  Chris Dillon:Merry Christmas!

  Julie Hedlund:Happy Holidays Everyone and Happy New Year!

  Glen de Saint Gery:happy Holidays!