[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting - 13 February 2014

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Thu Feb 13 17:10:52 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Charter Drafting Team  call held on Thursday 13 February at 14:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20140213-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#feb
The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Chris Dillon - NCSG
Patrick Lenihan- NCUC
Amr Elsadr - NCUC
Jim Galvin - SSAC
Justine Chew – At-Large
Patrick Lenihan - NCUC
Jennifer Chung - RySG
Ahkuputra Wanawit – GAC
Mae Suchayapim Siriwat – GAC
Pitinan Koarmornpatna - GAC
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben – ISPCP
Peter Green - NCUC
Peter Dernbach – IPC
Petter Rindforth – IPC
Sarmad Hussain  - SSAC

Apologies:
Ephriam Percy Kenyanito
Rudi Vansnick
ICANN staff:
Lars Hoffman
Glen de Saint Gery

 Wiki page: http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Glen
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org<mailto:gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org>
http://gnso.icann.org

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 13 February 2014:

 Lars Hoffmann:Welcome to the Translation and Transliteration PDP WG on 13 February 2013

  Peter Green:Hi Lars,we have come to 2014

  Peter Dernbach:Hello All.

  Chris Dillon:Hello, Peter.

  Chris Dillon:Hello all

  Peter Green:Hi, Chris

  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:Hi all

  Petter Rindforth:Sorry that I missed the last call. However, I will follow up later on this week with comments I have got from members of some IP organizations.

  Jim Galvin:A question that occurs to me is could we distinguish between registrar information and registrant information?

  Jim Galvin:A question benefits:

  Amr Elsadr:Apologies for being late. This time slot is proving somewhat problematic.

  Sarmad Hussain:Validation: Are we building the right product?

  Sarmad Hussain:Verification: Are we building the product right?

  Sarmad Hussain:from wikipedia

  Jim Galvin:@sarmad - yes that matches what SSAC did

  Jim Galvin:SAC058SSAC Report on Domain Name Registration Data Validation

  Amr Elsadr:On leaving out the question of available taxonomies: Any work produced by the EWG is not policy. It is an ad-hoc WG outside the PDP. If we are going to adopt their definitions, I recommend we (as a WG) consider them and agree to use them..., in the absense of any other desirable definitions. Just a thought. :)

  Jim Galvin:It is SAC058 that has the definition reference.  What I realize now as I review the document SSAC did not actually try to state a

  Amr Elsadr:Apologies..., I have no audio today.

  Jim Galvin:...to state a definition.  Instead we simply noted in a footnate that the terms are used interchangeable and that SSAC would use the term "validation."

  Amr Elsadr:I can hear, but can't speak. :)

  Amr Elsadr:The Arabic word دولاب means cupboard in Egypt, but tyre in Lebanon. This is however only true for the spoken dialects, but not the official written form of Arabic. It is probably not relevant to this discussion, but I will try to see if there are any potential difficulties in translation relevant to translation of contact info.

  Amr Elsadr:@Petter: Yes..., and the Ø in Norway.

  Amr Elsadr:Å and æ as well.

  Petter Rindforth:Exactly

  Wolf Knoben:I'm sorry for having to leave for another meeting. Hear you next week. Thanks and good bye

  Amr Elsadr:@Chris: Yes, on the official Arabic..., I agree.

  Jim Galvin: Sorry I need to leave for another meeting.  Thanks!

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks. Bye.

  Lars Hoffmann:thanks chris!

  Peter Dernbach:Thanks Chris and All.

  Justine Chew:Thanks Chris

  Jennifer Chung:Thank you Chris, thank you all, bye!

  Chris Dillon:Thank you all!