[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Attendance and recording: Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP - Thursday 16 January 2014

Julia Charvolen julia.charvolen at icann.org
Thu Jan 16 17:23:18 UTC 2014

Dear All,

The next Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Charter Drafting Team is scheduled for Thursday 23 January 2014 at 1400 UTC

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Charter Drafting Team  call held on Thursday 16 January 2014 at 1400 UTC:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20140116-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>jan

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Wanawit Ahkuputra – Individual
Peter Dernbach - IPC
Chris Dillon - NCSG
Amr Elsadr – NCUC
Jim Galvin – SSAC
Sarmad Hussain – No SOI
Yoav Keren – RrSG
Pitinan Koarmornpatna – Individual
Patrick Lenihan - NCUC
Petter Rindforth - IPC
Rudi Vansnick – NPOC
Mae Suchayapim Siriwat – No SOI
Jennifer Chung - No SOI
Peter Green - No SOI

Apologies:
Ephraim Kenyanito - NCUC

ICANN staff:
Lars Hoffman
Steve Sheng
Julia Charvolen

 Wiki page: http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 16th January 2013:
  Lars Hoffmann:Welcome to the T&T PDP Working Group onThursday 16 January 2014
  Amr Elsadr:Hi. Dialling in now.
  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:Hi working group
  Peter Dernbach:Hi everyone.
  Jennifer Chung:Hello all
  Peter Green-CONAC:Hi all
  Amr Elsadr:Hi. I should be on the call now, but can't hear anything.
  Chris Dillon:Hello, all
  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:yes i can hear you
  Amr Elsadr:Thnx Julia. :)
  Julia Charvolen:Sure :)
  Rudi Vansnick:hello all
  Rudi Vansnick:sorry for being a bit late ;-)
  Lars Hoffmann:Morning all. Julie will not be joining as you might recall. Should we start the call?
  Amr Elsadr:Hi Rudi. It doesn't look like we've started yet.
  Chris Dillon:Let's start
  Rudi Vansnick:go ahead Chris
  Julia Charvolen:Steve Sheng joined the phone bridge
  Peter Dernbach:I updated my SOI
  Peter Dernbach:I mean I successfully uploaded my SOI
  Rudi Vansnick:there have been updates doen in the past week I thought
  Petter Rindforth:can you show page 1 of this again?
  Rudi Vansnick:sorry i was silent as I was still in another meeting
  Julia Charvolen:Yoav Keren joined the Adobe Connect
  Petter Rindforth:yes
  Yoav Keren:hi all
  Julia Charvolen:Sarmad Hussain joined the phone bridge
  Amr Elsadr:@Jim: +1
  Amr Elsadr:Hey Yoav. Hope you're well.
  Rudi Vansnick:will be very helpful
  Rudi Vansnick:we need to decide anyway next week
  Amr Elsadr:+1
  Rudi Vansnick:let's put it on the wiki perhaps
  Rudi Vansnick:i copied the text into a local notepâd, so eventually i can send it to the list just after the call
  Rudi Vansnick:@Amr: + 1
  Lars Hoffmann 2:Sorry. got dropped off th line. I wanted to add that we can always send out additional letters in case additional questions come up and/or we would like further details from other SG/C or AC/SO
  Rudi Vansnick:Lars can you put on the list of questions of last week call
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Lars, but I would recommend we give the WG at least a week after getting an initial draft of the letter to suggest edits. Getting feedback once is sometimes challenging. Asking for a second round of feedback might be quite ambitious. :)
  Rudi Vansnick:What is contact information (review and expand on the taxonomies noted above)?Why are we doing this?; is this particular feature necessary?Who gets access to what?Who are the stakeholders?; who is affected? and what do they want (linking back to What)?How much would a particular feature cost?When would policy come into effect?What should be mandatory?
  Lars Hoffmann 2:Thank you Rudi - my internet is rather slow here.
  Amr Elsadr:Where are these questions on the Wiki? The page for questions and taxonomies appears blank.
  Rudi Vansnick:Who are the stakeholders?; who is affected? and what do they want (linking back to What)?
  Lars Hoffmann 2:Finally, staff have created wiki pages for each of the proposed questions.  These will be filled in as information is added:1. What is contact information & What Taxonomies are Available?2. Why are we doing this? Is this particular feature necessary?3. Who gets access to what information?4. Who are the stakeholders? Who is affected and what do they want?5. How much would a particular feature cost and how to weigh the costs versus the benefits?6. When would policy come into effect?7. What should be mandatory?
  Lars Hoffmann 2:Here are the URLs from the questions
  Rudi Vansnick:https://community.icann.org/display/tatcipdp/09+January+2014
  Lars Hoffmann 2:https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44958769
  Lars Hoffmann 2:https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44960108
  Lars Hoffmann 2:https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44960114
  Peter Dernbach:https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44958769
  Amr Elsadr:Ah..., thanks Rudi.
  Peter Dernbach:+1
  Sarmad Hussain: cost of T&T depends on accuracy requirements
  Rudi Vansnick:Jim do you have any information to add to the stakeholders definition ?
  Sarmad Hussain:so as a precursor we need to determine what level of accuracy is needed
  Amr Elsadr:@Sarmad: accuracy requirements depend on some RAA specs like validation.
  Sarmad Hussain:do RAAs have any specs on T&T validation?
  Amr Elsadr:Not specific to T&T, but validation of contact info in the whois.
  Sarmad Hussain:their requirements are mostly on original lang data validation
  Jim Galvin:@rudi not at this time
  Lars Hoffmann 2:FYI - i just updated the question page:https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44960091
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Lars.
  Amr Elsadr:Yes Chris..., very true. The WG could recommend that it is not desirable to have a policy requiring T&T.
  Amr Elsadr:I agree Chris. :)
  Amr Elsadr:I wouldn't mind discussions that would lead to me changing my mind though. :)
  WANAWIT Ahkuputra:Fully agree on the GAC role regaridng that issue
  Peter Dernbach:I agree on trying to solicit opinions from GAC.
  Rudi Vansnick:exactly  Lars, we need to have a small slot to discuss this with GAC
  Rudi Vansnick:in Singapore
  Sarmad Hussain:+1 on GAC role
  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:+1 on GAC role
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Lars. Perhaps a customized letter to the GAC asking for individual responses from GAC members.
  Sarmad Hussain:+1 on discussion with GAC in sg
  Amr Elsadr:And wouldn't the NSO be covered in the regular AC/SO letter?
  Peter Dernbach:@ Amr +1 re: requesting individual responses
  WANAWIT Ahkuputra:I could help in laise and explain to GAC members.
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Wanawit.
  Rudi Vansnick:what about other stakeholders ?
  Peter Dernbach:Thanks Wanawit.
  Lars Hoffmann 2:@Amr - i think that is great idea. and the NSP would be covered too. But again they do not always provide coordinated feedback, so reaching out to individual NSO members might be very useful too.
  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:additional to that , for the Thai GAC team, we actually in the process to make paper regarding to this will share with the WG soon, probably before the next meeting for the  Thai Addressing System
  Lars Hoffmann 2:GNSO Staff could also reach out to both NSO and GAC staff, if you think tha tmight be useful
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Lars. That sounds great.
  Amr Elsadr:There are ongoing attempts between the gnso council and GAC to increase early participation in the GNSO's PDP. This WG might make for an interesting case study.
  Lars Hoffmann 2:@Amr - i think the Policy and Implementation Working Group has also already tried to do some more targetted outreach to the GAC so we could compare notes with that Group on their approach/success too.
  Petter Rindforth:I can reach out to FICPI - intl IP-attorney organization, just to get their inputs
  Amr Elsadr:@Lars: right you are. There are some GAC members who are on that WG who are also trying to help.
  Rudi Vansnick:there is a GNSO call next week, we could launch the question in that meeting
  WANAWIT Ahkuputra:UPU - Universal Postal Union and UNGEGN - United Nations Group of Experts on Geographical Names are impotant stake holder that relate to the address system
  Amr Elsadr:@Rudi: Probably not the forum for this, although the WG liaison to the council could bring up that atteptes are being made to get GAC feedback.
  Lars Hoffmann 2:I think you are right, Amr
  Rudi Vansnick:@Amr: we can ask our NCSG councillors to add this question to the meeting
  Amr Elsadr:Lars posted the questions on number "4". :)
  Amr Elsadr:Names also affect addresses in Arabic, because most street names (at least in Egypt) are named after people.
  Peter Green-CONAC:In Chinese, we also have names of  streets named after a person's name
  Rudi Vansnick:i'm just wondering how some registrars are handling these problems when they register a domain name in the actual whois
  Rudi Vansnick:they have to translate anyway
  Peter Dernbach:Thank you Chris and all!
  Lars Hoffmann 2:due to my travels i might send actions items and other information late on friday or early on monday. i hope that is ok.
  Amr Elsadr:thanks Chris and Rudi. Thanks everyone.
  Peter Green-CONAC:Thanks Chris, and thanks all
  Lars Hoffmann 2:thanks everybody!
  Jim Galvin:thx and bye
  Peter Green-CONAC:bye
  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:Thanks Christ and all , bye
  Jennifer Chung:Thank you all!
  WANAWIT Ahkuputra:Thanks Chris and All Sawasdee
  Julia Charvolen:Recordings are stopped
  Chris Dillon:Goodbye, all
  Rudi Vansnick:see you all next week !
  Rudi Vansnick:enjoy the rest of the week