[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Transformation required at the validation stage?

Dillon, Chris c.dillon at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 14 15:46:40 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

I just listened to last Thursday's call. It sounds as if you covered a lot of ground, although I haven't yet checked whether the FAQs Rudi circulated contain anything that didn't come up on the pages I highlighted as important for us as I read the Final report from the EWG on gTLD Directory Services.

At one point Jim Galvin asked whether transformation would be required at the validation stage. I would say no to that question. The original language/script data are primary and suitable for validation. It's not that transformed data cannot be validated, but they need to be high quality (outside Greek, Cyrillic and alphabetic scripts often created by human being rather than a computer). Actually I think Rudi made a similar point later in the call, but just to clarify that.

Regards,

Chris.
--
Research Associate in Linguistic Computing, Centre for Digital Humanities, UCL, Gower St, London WC1E 6BT Tel +44 20 7679 1599 (int 31599) www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon>