[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Straw poll on number of options

Peter Dernbach pdernbach at winklerpartners.com
Wed Nov 26 22:29:36 UTC 2014

Dear Chris and All,

Apologies that I have not been able to attend the most recent conference
calls due to other pressing work commitments. I am new to ICANN Working
Groups, so am not as familiar with the process as many of you are. My
procedural question is this: how important is the date for delivering our
Initial Report?  It seems clear to me that our working group has not yet
reached a consensus position. I also believe that issuing an initial report
with multiple opinions may not be as helpful to the community in the policy
making process. Is there another option of providing an update saying that
the Working Group has not yet come to a consensus on the content of its
initial report, so the initial report will be delayed while we continue to
work on reaching consensus?

The question at hand is "am I in favor of having only one opinion in the
initial report?" In theory, I am, but if we need to issue an initial report
at this stage, I do not think we should include only one opinion as I do
not think that reflects the current state of the Working Group.

Best regards,
Peter

 <http://www.winklerpartners.com/>

  Peter J.Dernbach
譚璧德

Partner
合夥律師(外國法事務律師)
   *T* 886 (0)2 2311 2345 # 222
*F* 886 (0)2 2311 2688   www.winklerpartners.com
pdernbach at winklerpartners.com

NOTICE: This email and any attachments contain private, confidential and
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or distribute
the contents and are requested to delete them and to notify the sender.

本電子郵件及其附件含有私有、機密、依法受特別保護之資料,僅供意定之收件人使用。若您並非所意定之收件人,即不得予以使用、重製或散布,並請刪除其內容,並通知寄件人。