[Gnso-dmpm-wg] MSI Panel Information

Berry Cobb mail at berrycobb.com
Wed May 7 04:29:04 UTC 2014

WG Members,

Enclosed are a series of links referencing the output of the ICANN Strategy
Panel on Multi-Stakeholder Innovation.  As mentioned on the call, there is a
large amount of information to be reviewed, but there are possible
recommendations that the WG may want to consider as we execute along our
work plan.  Current deliberations by the GNSO Council should result in a
response to ICANN about the outcomes of the MSI in the form of a letter of
the Council's position on the matter.  Future events in regards to the
strategy panel's outputs could impact how our WG considers them in any
future recommendations, but they will at least act as a reference source for
possible options of Data and Metrics techniques for policy development.

The DMPM WG's review of the MSI results will not likely occur until sometime
after the London meeting.  Hopefully, this will allow enough time for a
proper scan through all the materials.

As events transpire with the MSI, I will be sure to post them to our mailing
list.

The following set of links are presented in recommendation order with the
first being a summary of the MSI effort:

.
http://thegovlab.org/the-quest-for-a-21st-century-icann-a-blueprint/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposal-1-for-icann-get-smart-with-expert-networks/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposal-2-for-icann-get-broad-based-input-by-crowdsour
cing-each-stage-of-decisionmaking/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposal-3-for-icann-get-accountable-by-crowdsourcing-o
versight-developing-metrics-for-success/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposal-4-for-icann-get-agile-innovative-by-enabling-c
ollaborative-drafting/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposal-5-for-icann-become-more-inclusive-by-innovatin
g-the-public-forum/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposal-6-for-icann-enhance-decision-making-legitimacy
-by-experimenting-with-innovative-voting-techniques/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposal-7-for-icann-increase-transparency-by-using-ope
n-data-open-contracting/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposal-8-for-icann-increase-accountability-through-pa
rticipatory-budgeting/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposal-11-for-icann-get-inclusive-by-imposing-rotatin
g-term-limits/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposal-9-for-icann-become-more-inclusive-by-moving-fr
om-stakeholder-engagement-to-global-engagement/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposal-10-for-icann-become-agile-adaptive-and-respons
ive-by-embracing-evidence/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposal-12-for-icann-enhance-learning-by-encouraging-g
ames/

.
http://thegovlab.org/proposals-14-16-for-icann-become-an-effective-participa
nt-in-the-internet-governance-ecosystem-by-decentralizing-accountability-bei
ng-experimental-and-embracing-new-evidence-and-insights/

Please let me know if you may have any questions.  Thank you.  B

Berry A. Cobb

Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers

720.839.5735

mail at berrycobb.com

@berrycobb