[Gnso-dmpm-wg] MP3 DMPM - Tuesday 06 May 2014 at 20:00 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Wed May 7 01:42:16 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Data & Metrics for Policy Making
Working Group call held on Tuesday 06 May 2014 at 20:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-dmpm-20140506-en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Marinel Rosca - Individual

Jonathan Zuck - IPC

Cheryl Langdon-Orr - ALAC

Nenad Orlic - ISPC

Graeme Bunton - RrSG

Rudi Vansnick - NPOC

Pam Little - RySG

Kayode Yussuf - IPC

Andrew Merriam - RySG

Olevie Kouame - NPOC

Tony Onorato - Individual

Janiver Ngnoulaye -  Individual

Sonigitu Ekpe -NCUC

Caleb Kow - NCUC

Farhat Abbas - NCUC

Magaly Pazello - NCUC

Jeremy Beale - Independent

Apologies:

Mouhamet Diop - RrSG

Klaus Stoll - NPOC

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Amy Bivins

Berry Cobb

Steve Chan

Terri Agnew

Wiki page :  <https://community.icann.org/x/myt-Ag>
https://community.icann.org/x/myt-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 06 May 2014:

Terri Agnew:Welcome to the Data and Metrics for Policy Making Working Group
on the 06th of May 2014

  Marinel Rosca:Hello everybody

  Marinel Rosca:Hello

  Sonigitu Ekpe:Hello from Montpellier

  Sonigitu Ekpe:I am attending resilience 2014 conference in Montpellier.

  Graeme Bunton:I have another call shortly, so won't be engaged at least
for ten mins or so

  Janvier Ngnoulaye:hello

  Berry Cobb:Thx Graeme.  No worries.

  Nenad Orlić:hi all, sorry for being late

  Rudi Vansnick:i'm using Firefox on Mac without problems except bandwidth
the last couple of weeks, due to Adobe connect as I discovered recently

  Olevie:Hi !

  Rudi Vansnick:bandwidth looks like having issues in all other calls i had
in the past week

  Farhat Abbas:hi

  Terri Agnew:Wewlcome Farhat Abbas

  Farhat Abbas:thanks

  Olevie:hI tERRI

  Sonigitu Ekpe:Yes, I got the mail but seem not to understand?

  Terri Agnew:Hello Olevie

  Terri Agnew:Hello Olevie

  Jonathan Zuck:Thanks Berry!

  Olevie:I think that it's AdobeConnect that is being used at NETmundial. No
?

  Olevie:was

  Olevie:it was

  Kayode Yussuf:Hello everyone

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Kayode

  Kayode Yussuf:Thank you Terri

  Magaly Pazello:Hello! Sorry for being late, I got some connection
cosntrains from my end

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Magaly

  Olevie:Hello Yussuf

  Jeremy Beale:Apologies, I was having severe Internet connection problems.

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Jeremy

  Olevie:sometimes the sound desappear on AC

  Rudi Vansnick:Klaus Stoll will probably not be able to join this call, I
know he had a visit at the hospital ...

  Terri Agnew:We will add Klaus to apologies list

  Olevie:@Rudi : OK. Sorry for him.

  Rudi Vansnick:thanks Terri

  Jonathan Zuck:Ha ha!

  Sonigitu Ekpe:Thanks for the update.

  Olevie:The issue on Fast Flux is old than 5 years at least

  Olevie:notice

  Nenad Orlić:do you have appropriate data to confirm that problem was
succesfuly addresed? :)

  Olevie:No. It's not addressed till now

  Olevie:IMHO

  Olevie:Please, who is speaking now ?

  Rudi Vansnick:Cheryl

  Jonathan Zuck:Me, cheryl, Berry

  Olevie:ok

  Olevie:ok

  Olevie:I could just type

  Olevie:my comments

  Farhat Abbas:sorry i was disconnected

  Farhat Abbas:now back

  Rudi Vansnick:thanks to Berry for the clarification and explanation on the
document

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:@berry here is a more reent Review
ww.circleid.com/posts/20081009_peering_fast_flux_botnet_activity/

  Berry Cobb:@Rudi - Thx.  Andrew get a good portion too.

  Olevie:Thank you Cheryl

  Berry Cobb:@Cheryl - Thx will check it out.

  Olevie:ok

  Janvier Ngnoulaye:@Cheryl: Thx for the link

  Berry Cobb:I will make sure that we include a review of the MSI
recommendations.  There were several in there that touch on this very issue.

  Berry Cobb:maximizing access to the right sources.

  Janvier Ngnoulaye:@Berry: Yes, the right sources

  Farhat Abbas:@Berry : answers of questions from data may pin point what
type of measures may b etaken

  Jonathan Zuck:Great idea

  Sonigitu Ekpe:+1@ Farhat.

Olevie:+1 at Farhat

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:PEDNR highlighted the concerns of sharing data  between
Industry players  it was an impediment to data collection...

  Pam Little:2013 RAA might change that.

  Farhat Abbas:since 2011, so many domains have been added

  Farhat Abbas:do we need fresh study ?

  Berry Cobb:@Farhat, yes I will send out the PEDNR to th elist.

  Marinel Rosca:Thank you

  Rudi Vansnick:thanks ... bye