[Gnso-dmpm-wg] MP3 DMPM - Tuesday 04 November 2014 at 21:00 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Nov 4 23:57:17 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Data & Metrics for Policy Making Working Group call held on Tuesday 04 November 2014 at 21:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-dmpm-20141104-en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr – ALAC

Olivier Kouami – NPOC

Jonathan Zuck – IPC

Graeme Bunton – RrSG

Pam Little – RySG

Andrew Merriam – RySG

Sonigitu Ekpe – NCUC

Nenad Orlic – ISPCP

Kayode Yussuf – IPC

Janvier Ngnoulaye – Individual

Apologies:

Tony Onorato - Individual

ICANN staff:

Berry Cobb

Steve Chan

Terri Agnew

Wiki page :  <https://community.icann.org/x/myt-Ag> https://community.icann.org/x/myt-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 04 November 2014:

   Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the non-PDP Data & Metrics for Policy Making Working Group teleconference on 04 November 2014

  Sonigitu E.:Hello All!

  Graeme Bunton:Good afternoon

  Graeme Bunton:space noise!

  Nenad Orlic:hi all

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:I'm on mute. Will be on for just front end of call.

  Jonathan Zuck:Just the "top" of the call?

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:sure, top, front end, beginning, the like :)

  Jonathan Zuck:Issue report

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:great point, Graeme

  Nenad Orlic:Sorry i missed last few meetings

  Nenad Orlic:so i may be out of current thinking

  Nenad Orlic:of the group

  Nenad Orlic:'F' flow of the chart presumes that if data is paid there is no confidetiality issue?

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:I hear that. I'm just saying in getting to YES we shouldn't make it overly burdensome to say NO. i.e, forcing a YES

  Berry Cobb:@Nenad.  Thank you for pointing that out.  We'' try to account for that in the next version.

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:good reminder

  Nenad Orlic:i'm not familiar with icann budgeting procedure but how is budget approval process  aligned to expected timeline that some group should deliver

  Nenad Orlic:what is budget approval brakes deadlines imposed on the working group that needs that data?

  Graeme Bunton:this WG can't make data provision mandatory

  Nenad Orlic:i also think that we cannot make data provision mandatory

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:I agree with that

  Nenad Orlic:only to provide guidelines for terms and conditions

  Nenad Orlic:if it is in goup mandate

  Terri Agnew:Kayode Yussuf has joined

  Nenad Orlic:sorry for few typos i think you understood what i meant to say

  Berry Cobb:@Nenad.  We will devote future sessions to discuss further about budget for requests.

  Berry Cobb:The typcial process today is if there is likely a monetary requirement the request is sent to the GNSO Council and determined there.  If accepted, the Council works with staff to fulfill the request.

  Berry Cobb:But likely it does impact timelines for WGs.

  Nenad Orlic:most probably, but question is how much

  Nenad Orlic:and should that 'budget lag' be taken into account when deciding

  Nenad Orlic:about aquiring some data

  Nenad Orlic:from commercial source

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:I apologize for having to drop off at this point - I'll catch up on the recording. I agree with Jonathan's framing of the process but am obviously hesitant of any policy recommendations that would result in greater compliance-like communication from ICANN itself.

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:Cheers

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:all good THANKS

 Graeme Bunton:There's like 35 people with their names on this WG

  Jonathan Zuck:Graeme, that's a perpetual issues, obviously.

  Nenad Orlic:more email communication would be fine :)

  Terri Agnew:Janvier Ngnoulaye  has joined

  Sonigitu E.:Lost connection due to heavy down pour here in Calabar.

  Ngnoulaye:sorry, I'm late

  Ngnoulaye:Connectivity problem

  Sonigitu E.:I would like to work in.

  Graeme Bunton:Agreed, we'd need to try both

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree  with thT Jonathen   but lets  get it started with IRTP-B

  Nenad Orlic:ok

  Nenad Orlic:no objection here

  Graeme Bunton:works for me

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:all good by me

  Ngnoulaye:OK with me

  Sonigitu E.:Its ok.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:keep to schedule

  Graeme Bunton:I am rammed with CWG and PPSAi

  Graeme Bunton:so 2 weeks is better for me

  Nenad Orlic:two weeks is fine

  Ngnoulaye:I'm fine with 2 weeks

  Nenad Orlic:bye

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks  Bye