[Gnso-dmpm-wg] - IRTP Review Use Case With Executive Summary

Andrew Merriam andrew at tldesign.co
Wed Nov 12 22:13:20 UTC 2014

Thanks, Steve. I just want to note that the IRTP example relies heavily on
registrar reporting. Not being a registrar, I don't know how much of this
information is actually currently tracked or will be tracked under the new
IRTP. That would be helpful context and I'd certainly look to those closer
to the registrar end of things to provide an assessment what fulfillment of
such a request would entail.

As far as Registry concerns, we outsource most of our technical and
database requirements, as most new TLD registries do. I am not aware that
our use of any reporting function comes at a higher cost but that could be
a concern for some folks. I don't think there is anything to be done with
this on either side but am merely brainstorming how fulfillment of such a
request would work..

Thanks

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Steve Chan <steve.chan at icann.org> wrote:

> Dear WG Members,
>
> Staff has prepared a draft executive summary that has been attached to the
> IRTP use case discussed in last week’s call. As a reminder, the WG will be
> meeting next week on 18 November at 21:00 UTC and I would like to strongly
> urge discussion on the email list regarding this draft in advance of that
> meeting to ensure that progress is made.
>
> In addition, as the scope of data/metrics requests for policy making
> extends beyond just the registries and registrars (including this IRTP
> Review use case), the WG may want to consider distributing this use case
> more broadly, perhaps to all stakeholder groups and constituencies. I would
> encourage discussion on this point as well.
>
> Best,
>

> *Steven Chan*
> Sr. Policy Manager
>

> *ICANN*12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
>
> Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536
> steve.chan at icann.org
>
> direct: +1.310.301.3886
> mobile: +1.310.339.4410