[Gnso-dmpm-wg] - IRTP Review Use Case With Executive Summary

Berry Cobb mail at berrycobb.com
Thu Nov 13 01:03:33 UTC 2014

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the response.

As for your first point, you are correct in that this use case request relies more on Registrars.  However, it does include a hint of data from Registries, albeit data this is contractually required to be sent to ICANN on a monthly basis and ultimately publicly available.  While the WG is focusing on the IRTP use case because it is the most tangible “real world” example, the WG should also still consider the other draft use cases such as the third one where perhaps the “Subsequent Round WG” or PDPs that may flow out of its efforts might be more Registry specific.

In terms of your second point, I think the same principles may apply where some data requested may not be a contractual obligation and if Registries were to accept such a request, a determination in how it might be paid for and subsequently aggregated would be similar to Registrar concerns.

If the WG does consider distributing the IRTP use case across the SGs/Cs, I think the input we receive will better inform our other use cases as well.

I hope this helps.  B

Berry A. Cobb

Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers

720.839.5735

 <mailto:mail at berrycobb.com> mail at berrycobb.com

@berrycobb