[Gnso-epdp-team] Some badly needed wording fixes as we finalize interim report

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Sun Nov 18 05:13:58 UTC 2018

All, I have been going through the Exec Summary of the interim report and have found some issues. Most of these are grammar or copy editing fixes that I hope we can accept without controversy. One of them has a substantive element, though.

Footnote 2, page 4: “the EPDP Team anticipates taking a formal consensus call..”

Shouldn’t this be “WILL take a formal consensus call…” To say "anticipates" sounds like we might not do so if it’s not convenient. We are required to take a consensus call

Line 150-151: The wording of Preliminary Rec 2 is awkward and ungrammatical. It now reads:

“The EPDP Team commits to develop and coordinate policy in the system for standardized access to non-public registration data portion of this EPDP regarding lawful access for legitimate third-party interests regarding abuse or intellectual property to data identified herein that is already collected.” This should be changed to:

“The EPDP Team commits to develop and coordinate policy for disclosure of non-public registration data to third parties with legitimate interests.”

Page 6, footnote 3. Delete. I thought we had agreed that after agreeing on Preliminary Agreement #3 that new policies on accuracy were out of scope.

Page 6, footnote 4. This can be deleted, as the same text is included later on in page 7, lines 170-172

Milton Mueller