[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] PLEASE READ: Co-Chairs' proposal for moving forward to determining consensus

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Mon Dec 18 19:17:17 UTC 2017

How is it that the only "poll" is with regards to Recommendation #3,
yet you are somehow able to determine a level of consensus without any
poll on Recommendation #4, when multiple folks have spoken out against
ICANN providing subsidies for IGOs in their URS/UDRP complaints? What
magical process will you use to determine preliminary level of
consensus for the other recommendations that you refuse to also apply
to Rec #3?

Also, how do you explain that we've reached a process that ICANN's
guidelines describe as "rare"? I don't see a good reason for invoking
a procedure that the guidelines discourage. If the use of the poll is
"reasonable", then provide us with the reasoning. The statement in
Mary's email that "further discussion is unlikely to....sway the view
of Working Group participants regarding which option should prevail"
implies that the "poll" is going to be used as a final VOTE, which the
guidelines explicitly warn about.

The guidelines are pretty clear that even if a poll is "reasonable",
it should happen "after several iterations" (of the prior steps
described on page 9). Yet, none of those steps have even happened yet!

The guidelines even say: "However, in all other cases.....their name
must be explicitly linked, ****especially in those cases where polls
where (sic) taken.****" (emphasis added) which is NOT consistent with
anonymous polls.

Furthermore, multiple "members" of this PDP don't even have any SOI
posted, despite that being the "price" of membership --- how is it
those members are going to now be allowed to anonymously participate
in a poll, despite not being allowed to even be members in the first
place?

https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=48347895