[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] - Proposed Agenda for WG call on Thursday 20 July 2017 at 1600 UTC

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Thu Jul 20 15:19:00 UTC 2017

Just to followup on the prep for today's call, the PDF summarizing
"Option #4" inadvertently left out an important point, namely the
"self-termination" clause, i.e. from:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/2017-June/000769.html

"Lastly, we build in a clause that should ICANN fail to complete such a
review within 7 years total (measured from the adoption of our final
report, i.e. January 1, 2018 for the sake of argument plus 7 years
would be January 1, 2025), then Option #2 is eliminated, and we go
back to Option #1. Call this a "self-termination" clause, to ensure
that a future review itself isn't gamed. i.e. the default is that we
we can continue with Option #2 for newly created domains."

It wasn't "lettered" like the other points, so was probably missed by
staff due to that oversight by me. The entire email linked to above
had the justification and "colour" behind the proposal, in conjunction
with some of the emails back/forth to this list since then (e.g. the
new precedent re: grandfathering of existing domains set by the IGO
reserved policy implementation, etc.).

Perhaps after all the options have been set down and discussed, it
might be wise to go back and conduct the "Risk Analysis" for all
options, that had already been started several meetings ago.