[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] FOR DISCUSSION: Updated documents on Options 1 & 2/Rec 4

Paul Tattersfield gpmgroup at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 14:40:11 UTC 2017

Thank you for the email and the attachments Mary. A lot of work has been
put in researching and presenting this information and it shows! I’m sure
other working group members will agree that this new data is very helpful.

As today is the first time I’ve seen this data I have only had chance to
give it an initial cursory look. With this in mind I thought it may be
helpful to look a little closer at the areas that may be the most
contentious / problematic before the working group call in a couple of
hours: namely the domains marked “Pretending to be” in the "use status"
column. (Column F in the full name raw data page and column I in the
acronym raw data page)

Best regards,

Paul.

*Full name raw data (9 entries from 2171)*

*africanunion.com <http://africanunion.com>                    *

Seems on the surface at least to be genuine use?  Co-existence principles?

*africanunion.net <http://africanunion.net>                     *

Account suspended – Other ways of dealing with problematic sites other than
UDRP/URS

*african-union.org <http://african-union.org>*
A lot of effort has been put in however I’m not sure of the intention as
the site isn’t in English but it seems to be an Indonesian criticism site

*leagueofarabstates.net <http://leagueofarabstates.net>*

Same IP as IGO site and has the same data in the WHOIS as the IGO

*unitednations.com <http://unitednations.com>                  *

Parked page with adverts on the second level

*united-nations.org <http://united-nations.org>                  *

Possible suggestion/criticism site? Not sure as most of the site isn’t
English

*worldfoodprogramme.org <http://worldfoodprogramme.org>*
Parked at Sedo

*world-intellectual-property-organization.com
<http://world-intellectual-property-organization.com>*
302 redirect to official site

*worldtradeorganization.org
<http://worldtradeorganization.org>                            *

302 redirect to official site

*Acronym raw data  (6 entries from 1153)*

*euratom.info <http://euratom.info>*

Seems to be a criticism site

*uropol.net <http://uropol.net>*
Seems to be a long standing (1998?) portal with links to genuine police
sites

*icsid.biz <http://icsid.biz>*
Redirects to icsid.info

*icsid.info <http://icsid.info>*

A somewhat limited criticism(?) site quoting from ICSID documents?

*nato.biz <http://nato.biz> *Seems to be a gateway page for нато.рф  a
Russian  site on Nato? As the site isn’t in English I’m not sure of the
intentions of the site.

*ohada.com <http://ohada.com>*Looks as though it is actually the offical
site