[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Agenda and documents for Working Group call this Thursday

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Nov 28 22:12:41 UTC 2017

Dear Working Group members,

In view of the ongoing discussion relating to the final text and scope of Recommendation 3/Options A-C for our Final Report, the co-chairs would like to focus the Working Group call this week on those other recommendations for which there seem to be general agreement. As such, the proposed agenda for the call this week is:

  1.  Roll call/updates to Statements of Interest
  2.  Review/discussion of proposed final text for Recommendations 1, 2 & 4
  3.  Discussion of next steps for finalizing Recommendation 3 and timeline to completion of the Final Report

For Agenda Item #2, staff has excerpted the proposed final text and related information for Recommendations 1, 2 & 4 in a separate document, attached – we have highlighted in blue those parts of the text that were either changed from or added to the text of our Initial Report.

Please also note that Phil and Petter expect the call this week to last up to 60, as opposed to the scheduled 90, minutes.

For your review and reference, we also attach the draft Final Report. This version is redlined from the Initial Report (showing all the changes and additions since the Initial Report was published, based on subsequent Working Group discussion and review of the public comments received), and has been reviewed by Petter and Phil. You’ll see that we have not inserted text for Recommendation 3 (pending further discussion by the Working Group) and there are also several comments and placeholders that will need to be addressed following additional Working Group input.

Based on our consultations with Phil and Petter, staff expects that the Working Group will discuss the draft Final Report in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks and cheers
Mary